PROFESSIONAL LINES UNDERWRITER
Join the Joseph Krar & Associates team to use your Professional Liability/E&O Underwriting skills and experience to assess E&O, D&O, Employment Practice & Cyber Risk!
Joseph Krar & Associates, an Excess and Surplus Lines Insurance Agency is seeking a full-time Professional Lines Underwriter. This position requires that candidates have excellent communication, organizational, and data entry skills. The candidate must also possess excellent time management skills and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. The ideal candidate must also have the ability to work well with others in a high-paced paperless environment. We offer a competitive salary with benefits including health, life and disability insurance.
In this role you will develop and negotiate premium and manage relationships with producers, brokers and carriers to provide the appropriate insurance product to clients and generate profit in accordance with company goals.
- Issue quotations for proposed insurance policies
- Analyze risk through the evaluation of application, website claims history, file notes, etc. to determine the appropriate market, coverage limits and premium that can be offered to an applicant for insurance in accordance with company initiatives
- Determine the applicable endorsements and apply rating, including credits and debits, to ensure safe profitable distribution of risks while remaining competitive in offerings
- Decline excessive risks
- Communicate with others to gather information and explain company underwriting policies
- Review company records to ensure file and data integrity
- Follow up with producers to obtain quality new business
- Manage relationships with producers to provide responsive assistance, develop a profitable flow of submissions, enhance retention and gather feedback on the marketplace
- High School Degree or G.E.D. is required, college degree is preferred
- 3+ years of professional liability underwriting experience (non-medical) or Misc. E&O is required (lawyers professional liability experience is helpful)
- P&C license required or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
Other Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service orientation along with excellent follow-up skills, organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
- Ability to maintain cordial and effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts
- Ability to interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the organization
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, underwriting procedures, coverages and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and write assigned client and prospect lists
Job Function Underwriter
Job Type Full-time
Office Location Southington, Connecticut
Preferred License Connecticut Property & Casualty Producer License or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
Visit Indeed.com to Apply!