Commercial Lines Property & Casualty Underwriter
We are a successful independently owned & operated Wholesale Broker looking for a dedicated Property/Casualty Underwriter to join our organization. This position requires miscellaneous tasks including rating; binding; requesting information; reviewing applications, inspections, and other file documentation; building relationships.
Duties (including but not limited to):
1. Work with E & S carrier underwriters to determine pricing, coverage, and acceptability of risks. Gather any additional information needed by the carrier, and serve as the liaison between the carrier and retail agent.
2. Effectively communicate information both internally and externally and ensure that standards of excellence are maintained.
3 Create, analyze and interpret data from various systems or sources and underwriting resources to determine the degree of risk for an applicant from such factors as financial standing, business operations and loss experience.
3. Review and underwrite all assigned new business applications.
4. Review and underwrite all assigned renewal policies
5. Maintain familiarity with surplus lines tax calculations and state filing requirements.
6. Answer phone calls regarding all aspects of business. Document all conversations and delegate or follow up on work for each inquiry. Assist these customers to correct departments.
7. Build and maintain relationships with retail agency force.
8. Maintain communication with agents on all new and/or renewal business submissions as assigned.
9. Review and advise inspections referred for advice by assistants.
10. Review and advise any endorsement requests referred for advice by assistants.
11. Assist in the training & mentoring of assistants and associate underwriters as required.
12. Participate in ongoing training and educational opportunities with an emphasis in commercial lines.
13. Assist in developing, enhancing, and maintaining standards and processes and procedures as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Prior Commercial Lines experience of 3+ years (Preferred)
2. Current CT Property and Casualty license
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills
4. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
5. Must be extremely detailed-oriented and possess critical thinking skills
This position is Full time, Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Ability to work remotely.
The above is a summary of qualifications but additional job duties and qualifications may be required.
At Joseph Krar & Associates, Inc., we foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to Carolyn Makles at . Salary is open and negotiable based upon experience.
Job Type: Full-time